While the majority of South African business don’t make use of blockchain technology, half said they’d participate in the metaverse.

This is according to a recent ITWeb survey, which was  conducted in partnership with KnowBe4.

The objective of the survey was to gain insight into what corporate South Africa thinks about the metaverse, NFTs, Blockchain and Web3. Currently, metaverse is an umbrella term for extended reality, both virtual and augmented, and the rapid adoption and development of tools like AR and VR headsets.

A total of 176 responses were captured, with 60% of respondents being at executive or middle management level. While 38% of respondents came from the IT sector, the remaining 62% come from a wide range of major industry sectors, with finance, government and telecoms being the best represented.

Just over half (54%) of the survey’s respondents say they have plans to participate in the metaverse. The majority of respondents (82%) say their business doesn’t use blockchain technology, with only 18% saying that they do. However, 83% say that their company plans to deploy blockchain technology

source: https://www.itweb.co.za/content/Gb3Bw7Wa8V2q2k6V

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *